Tuesday, February 27, 2018

they exchange vows and a tale

A kiss. A photo of you two kissing. Eyes shut.
Your tux was urgently fit. Her dress was properly cut.
 She wore glasses, you told her she's always beautiful but would she mind removing them.
Just for a picture, for the value of the memory.

She said yes, but not when I am kissing you.
As in, not now, I don't want to let go yet
as in, who knows why things can get  rushed
because there is a limit on the minutes

like outrunning your own life.
you said, I won't go. Not now
not before I take you to the beach,
plant a shell in your hair, so you will continue to hear

my voice. No longer terror,
comes in a low song about a star that went all the way
to find you. A kiss. A photo of you two kissing.
Eyes shut. your tux urgently fit, her dress made to be one for the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment